About Hearthstone Inspection
You don't want surprises when you move into your new home.
Why Hire Us For Your Home Inspection?
Since 1995 we have inspected thousands of homes of nearly every style, size, age and condition found in New England. Our backgrounds and ongoing experience in renovation construction and real estate management keeps us in tune with buyers' concerns and up-to-date on the complexities of the modern home. Using Homegauge software we create easy to understand reports with color photos and an easy to read summary. Your report will be delivered via email or over the Internet within hours of completion of your inspection. You can have confidence in a certified member of ASHI. The American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) is the largest and most respected organization of Home Inspectors in the country. ASHI members must meet stringent requirements and complete annual education classes.
Frank E. Hopton
- Since September 1995: I have performed thousands of Home Inspections in the southern New England area.
- 2000-present: Renovate and restore real estate including historic properties in the Providence, Rhode Island area. Three of the properties won individual awards from the Providence Preservation Society. As a Partner in these projects my role was either as the General Contractor or Associate General Contractor. My responsibilities during these projects include zoning approval, compliance, project planning, sub-contractor management and supervision of construction, carpentry, painting and labor crews.
- July 1985- September 1995: Associate Construction Superintendent and Property Manager employed by Developer Kenneth I. Parker of Nantucket, MA. Mr. Parker's firm renovated older, sometimes historic, properties into upscale Bed and Breakfast Inns. I also managed and maintained rental properties for Mr. Parker on Nantucket Island and in Providence.
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Arts Degree from the University of Rhode Island.
- Licensed in Massachusetts as a Home Inspector.
- Successfully completed the exam and requirements for the Home Inspector Certification designation of the American Inspectors Association.
- Completed Certification Course of the Professional School of Home Inspections, Atlanta, Georgia with a cumulative average of 96%.
- Completed Introduction to Inspections and Inspecting Heating and Cooling Systems courses at the University of Rhode Island.
- Completed and passed the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) training and examination.
- Completed Home Inspector Training Course certification offered by HomeTech Inc. Bethesda, Maryland.
- Completed Pest Control Certification for the State of Rhode Island.
- Successfully completed the Radon Measurement Consultant course and examination conducted by the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Completed extensive training with Jesse E. Perry, the President of Homespek Inc., consisting of hundreds of actual inspections of residential and commercial properties.
- Successfully completed the Wastewater System (Septic) Inspection Course at the University of Rhode Island.
- Attended the American Society of Home Inspectors "Inspecting Historic Houses" Seminar in Newport, Rhode Island.
- Since May of 1998 I have performed thousands of inspections in the southern New England area; residential and commercial, single-family, duplexes, multi-family, condominium units, manufacturing plants and office buildings. These properties ranged in age from new to 300 years old.
- Since 1975 I have worked in the building trades and have a broad background of knowledge. I have been directly involved in planning, blueprint reading, demolition, foundation pouring, framing, exterior siding, roofing and window installation, electrical wiring, plumbing, insulating, finish carpentry and flooring. Beginning as an apprentice and advancing to company owner and licensed contractor I spent many years becoming intimately acquainted with how buildings are constructed. I can't see through walls but I do know what should be in there.
- In 2005 I began buying and rehabbing properties to rent or resell and currently own and manage rental property in South County. My responsibilities as general contractor during these projects included zoning approval and compliance, planning, permitting, sub-contractor management and overall project coordination.
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Science Degree from the University of Rhode Island
- Licensed Ma. Home Inspector
- Thirteen years experience in Home Inspection industry
- Successfully completed thousands of inspections of residential and commercial properties
- Successfully completed two-week extensive training at USInspect headquarters in Chantilly, Va.
- Successfully completed mandatory Home Inspector training for Ma. Licensure.
- Completed the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) training and examination
- Completed Pest Control Certification for the state of R.I.
- Successfully completed the Radon Measurement Consultant course and examination conducted by the Environmental Protection Agency
- Completed the Wastewater System (Septic) Inspection Course at URI
- Successfully completed Major Home Appliance Repair program at New England
Institute of Technology
- Since 2003 Brian has completed thousands of Inspections and Appraisals of single and multi-family houses. First trained in Appraisals, Brian became an expert in this field before transitioning to Home Inspections. His appraisal background brings a unique perspective to Brian's Home Inspection skills.
- 1999-2003 Brian worked as an electrician in Massachusetts and Rhode Island with an electrical contractor offering commercial, industrial and residential services. This company also specialized in generator and associated wiring installations.
Education and Training
- Electrical Technology Associates of Science Degree from the The New England Institute of Technology. This degree teaches the skills needed to install and maintain electrical systems in residential and commercial properties.
- Studied business at Bryant College.
- Completed the American Home Inspectors Training Institutes' Master Home Inspector Course.
- Completed The Conventional Onsite Wastewater System Inspection Class offered by the University of Rhode Island's Cooperative Extension. This septic system training course provides instructions on how to properly inspect a septic system in Rhode Island.
- Successfully completed the Pest Control Certification course offered by Rhode Island DEM, with a specialty in Wood Destroying Insects.
- Completed the InterNachi courses for Deck Inspections and Inspection Standards.
- For Appraisal Continuing Education Classes Brian completed courses for Code of Ethics, Condominium Law, Contract Law, Lead Paint Hazards and Understanding Exterior Construction Components. Completed Kohler Service Training for Residential/Commercial Generators and Transfer Switches.